Reading: What Works? How to Teach Reading so Every Child Learns to Read – Collins International Webinars
In this webinar with Charlotte Raby, we will be covering:
- The benefits of teaching all aspects of reading explicitly
- The science behind teaching reading and spelling
- Why a systematic synthetic phonics approach is the most successful way to teach reading to all children
- The basics of a systematic synthetic phonics teaching approach
- Why reading in matched decodable books is essential for children to become readers for life
Charlotte Raby is currently Programme Developer for Little Wandle, a complete systematic synthetic phonics programme (SSP). Charlotte was an inaugural member of the English Hubs Council for the UK’s Department for Education (DfE) and a member of the Expert Advisory Group that developed the National Professional Qualification in Leading Literacy. During 2020, she worked for the DfE and two English Hubs school to help create online phonics lessons for children across the world. She has worked in Primary education for more than 20 years as a teacher, consultant, speaker and writer and firmly believes in the transformational powers of reading.