The essential primer on what will be the defining issue of our time, CLIMATE CHANGE: What Everyone Needs to Know® is a clear-eyed overview of the science, conflicts, and implications of our warming planet.
From Joseph Romm, Chief Science Advisor for National Geographic's Years of Living Dangerously series and one of Rolling Stone's "100 people who are changing America," CLIMATE CHANGE offers user-friendly, scientifically rigorous answers to the most difficult (and commonly politicized) questions surrounding what climatologist Lonnie Thompson has deemed "a clear and present danger to civilization."
Questions about climate change addressed in this guide include:
· How will climate change affect day-to-day life in the coming decades?
· What are the implications of owning coastal property in the age of climate change?
· Is retirement to South Florida (or the U.S. Southwest, or even Southern Europe) safe?
· What are the implications of the United States' withdrawal from the Paris climate treaty?
· What does Donald Trump's presidency mean for climate action in the United States and around the globe?
· Are efforts to combat climate change making a difference?
As the global response to climate change continues to evolve, CLIMATE CHANGE: What Everyone Needs to Know® offers smart, unblemished answers to the most difficult questions in an area dogged by misunderstanding and politicization.