* The ultimate and definitive pork cookbook, covering every cut of meat and containing recipes to suit all occasions and tastes
* Naturally low in fat and packed with vitamins, minerals and protein, pork is now an even healthier option than ever and is currently enjoying renewed popularity among those who recognise that a healthy diet is essential for healthy living
* Delicious recipes ranging from black pudding, sausage dishes and terrines to hearty roasts and char-grills, with details that will allow you to source pork products from all over the world
* Each recipe is illustrated by a specially commissioned photograph
* From farm to table, this book celebrates one of the most versatile, affordable and tasty foods available today
* First published in France, Pork & Sons became an immediate bestseller
About the book
Pork & Sons is an authentic and intensely personal cookbook, presenting the reader with a multitude of ideas on how to cook fine and succulent pork, whilst giving a rare glimpse into a day in the life of a small family business in rural France. The recipes are wholesome and rustic, encapsulating the flavours and taste of a region.
As the author Stéphane Reynard delivers his recipes to us, he invites us to share his family’s age-old passion for the pig and to celebrate the long delicious history between man and swine. Introducing to us, through evocative photographs, his grandfather, and a somewhat strange collection of other family members and workers on the farm in the mountainous Saint-Agrève, he creates a rich atmosphere and sense of ancestral tradition.
The 150 recipes are divided between thirteen chapters, including one on black pudding, one on sausages and one on ham. Each recipe is accompanied by an enticing photograph of the dish, and between each chapter there are photographs of the region, of the faces of the region and of their daily work, and further ingeniously hand-drawn illustrations of the pig itself in all manner of poses.
This is a colourful and vivid cookbook with a huge range of possible approaches to the selection, preparation and cooking of pork. It is an affectionate tribute to the pig, an acknowledgement of its sumptuous flavour, versatility as an appetizer or main course, and great popularity around the world.
About the author(s)
Stéphane Reynaud belongs to the third generation of a family of pork devotees. The grandson of a village butcher on the Ardèche plateau in France, where they take their pork very seriously. Stéphane is owner of Villa 9 Trois in Montreuil, near Paris, a highly-regarded restaurant that specialises in pork.